What is a veneer?
Veneers are the thin custom made shell of ceramic or resin that is placed over the tooth surface to cover a defective tooth surface.
Who is a candidate for veneer?
You may be a candidate for veneers if you have following problems.
- Teeth that are discolored – either because of root canal treatment
- Stained teeth – stains from tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or other causes. Veneers mask the stains that can not be removed with bleaching chemicals.
- Teeth that are worn down, chipped or broken.
- Minor misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped teeth.
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth).
How complicated is the procedure?
Procedure is not complicated. However a dentist should have good understanding of cosmetic dentistry to achieve good result. The treatment requires minimum three visits. In the first visit, we will diagnose and analyze your teeth. During the second visit, tooth is prepared. During preparation we reduce about 1mm enamel from the tooth surface. After preparation an impression of the prepared tooth (measurement of tooth) is taken. The measurement is then sent to the dental laboratory to fabricate the veneer. The ready veneer will come in about 3 days from laboratory which is then bonded to the tooth surface with the special bonding materials in your last visit.
What are the benefits of veneers?
You can change your smile by veneers. Visit us for a smile makeover if you are not happy with your smile.