- Infected gum tissues may be sore for several days. Warm salt-water rinses (1 tsp. salt in 1 cup warm water) will relieve discomfort and aide in keeping the area clean.
- In some cases, pain medication may be necessary. If the medicine is not working effectively, please call us.
- Continue your normal routine of brushing and flossing.However, since the treatment site may be very tender, be gentle in that area.
- You may experience some sensitivity after treatment (deep or infected areas). This should subside gradually. Avoid cold food and drinks if sensitivity to cold is present.
- After treatment, you may experience some bleeding when brushing or flossing. This is normal and the bleeding should stop on its own. If bleeding continues, please call the clinic at 4241942.
Additional Information On Scaling
- Periodic Scaling